Saturday, May 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Weekend To Me!


This is my birthday weekend, and I have very little to say. Sorry. I'm known as the Lizzie Borden of Davis & Company, since most the past two weeks have been spent firing people, that will make one feel really good about one's self. So, now I shall begin to re-build my department at the agency. (Anyone know a good writer and web designer who want to live and work in Virginia Beach?) My garden looks great, I will post some photo's later. The garden is probably my best accomplishment at the moment. It brings me great satisfaction, it's rewarding me with wonderful blooms, and fantastic color. And it's rather peaceful to go outside right now. June is probably my favorite month. All the flowers look wonderful, the weather is still cool enough for windows only, the mosquitos are just barely feeding, and it's my birthday. What more can a girl ask for.

Basically, I have a pretty tame life, in-spite of my daughter's claim that "I live like a rock star" More like a librarian, I would think. But then, oh well, perception is larger than reality sometimes.

Speaking of perception, can anyone tell me why this book by Scott McClellan is news. Why is it news to anyone that Bush spined the truth, and used propaganda to sell the Iraq war? I know, I shouldn't get political, but give me a break. The media is acting like kids who grow up and find out their parents DON"T know everything. I'm to the point I can't watch the news anymore.

And, where's our sense of humor? You know that new preacher who just got Obahma in trouble again, you have to admit, and I like Hillary clinton, but if you saw the excerpts from his sermon, you had to l laugh. It was funny!

Geez, we all need to laugh some more.

I'm off to Urbana for a dinner party tonight, so I plan to have nice time, in spite of the fact, I really don't want to go. And that shall begin my birthday weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexis said...

I don't have a sense of humor, and I for one am appauled by the people Obama has chosen to associate himself with. As a HIllary supporter I'm very dissapointed in our system yet again. I think Obama is the AntiChrist and will be forced to become a Republican this year. Happy Birthday Mom, I'm going red!

9:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home