Thursday, May 13, 2010

mothers, manatees and mulch

I spent Mother's day in Florida with my sister and brother-in-law and we had a lovely weekend. Chrise picked me up from the airport, and took me to this wonderfully kitschy restaurant, Brew Babies, that was set amongst this great outdoor garden. I just couldn't wait to get home and create re-do my yard entirely, I was so inspired. Lunch was good too.

Then we had her neighbors over for dinner, always fun, my drinking partner, Robin, thoroughly enjoyed my cucumber cooler! And our surprise guests were Louis and Doug. Louis used to live across the street from me and he was my garden advisor for years. I miss him now that he's gone, but what I fun I get to visit with him when I go down to Florida. He ended up living close to my sister, in a town we used to always go to for the art galleries. It really is a small world.

Then on Sunday, we met up with Louis, (Doug was a little under the weather, NOT the cucumber coolers, he had a tooth problem) So, Louis took us out on the boat. THE boat. I looked a this boat for three years, it SAT and I mean SAT in louis' driveway across the street from for me for about three years. I think he may have took it out once or twice, but for he most part, we used to call it the most expensive yard ornament ever! But, to my surprise,the boat floats. We had a blast, Louis was so gracious, he took us out on the river, we fished, the cat fish were jumping out of the water, but not the kind you want to eat, so we spent a ton of time throwing (or rather Louis spent a bunch of time) throwing the cat fish back. We did catch some mackerel, two nice sized ones. And the Mantees put on a show for us. The ride was great. The house is beautiful. The garden of course is a paradise. It was lovely.

Then sadly it came to an end, and we were all tired!! Kenny's back was bothering him, so I hope all is well with that. But I think we all enjoyed the weekend, aches, pains and sunburn aside. Thank you Kenny, Chrise, Louis and Doug.


The Mantees saying hello



Louis and Kenny driving the boat

Chrise, Robin and Ata, dinner sat night.



Brew Babies, gardens, above is Chrise at Brew Babies


Wonderful piece of property, gardens are beautiful, Louis and Doug are lucky to live in such a wonderful place.

5 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

Is that seriously Louis' house? No wonder he left Va beach, holy moly.

Those manatees are so cool. What a vision. So glad you got to experience that!

xoxo

6:40 AM

 
Blogger SAT said...

I want to live in Louis' house! Gorgeous!We have to get down to see Aunt Chrise...

6:59 AM

 
Blogger CKF said...

It was a WONDERFUL Mother's day weekend!!!

3:56 PM

 
Blogger Harbormom said...

What a great weekend! I want your recipe for the cucumber cooler. On my birthday, we went to a new restaurant and I had a "Spatini" which has a cucumber base. Wonder if it's the same? Delicious. I love reading your posts!

12:01 PM

 
Blogger Alexis said...

I want the recipe for the cucumber cooler too! Also, I really, really, really want to get down to visit Aunt Chrise. When should we go?

12:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home