Monday, September 07, 2009

Weekend visits

I have no pictures. But I do have the honor of saying Nicole gave me almost 24 hours of her time this weekend. She arrived Sat at around 6 or 6:30, Justin, their dog and her. We had a lovely dinner, took a nice walk down to the oceanfront to see or hear the bands, watched fireworks, came home, went to bed.

The next day, we took a long walk in the morning to see the marathon and search out breakfast. It was hot, and we got stuck on the beach walking because they had the entrance closed for the runners. So, after dodging a million people, walking about six more blocks than we may have wanted to, heating up, buying lemonade along the side of hte road from the neighborhood children, we came home and made our own breakfast. Since we had Icharus, their dog- a whippet, with us we could only eat at a place where we could sit outside, and since there were a million people at the beach, that wasnt' happening. So we just came home. The fun part was that at one point I was reminded that both my children's days of freedome have ended. We're no longer the free, cocktail slugging dining out bunch we used to be. If we don't have Samantha's schedule to guide our plans and timings, we have a new puppy, who we really can't leave alone in the house.

Nicole and Justin took off sunday afternoon, we loaded up some furniture in their car and they had a friend to visit in Hampton. I hope they had a nice time. I so enjoyed their visit, and especially since it was just us. We really had time to chat and enjoy each other.

I love having my children here. But it's nice to have my freedom back too.

2 Comments:

Blogger CKF said...

Sounds like a GREAT weekend!

4:35 PM

 
Blogger nicole said...

it was fun. it's sad that i don't have any pictures either. they really make the blog posts more fun. don't they? i would also like to remind you that when i come by myself we can slug all the cocktails in the world. and if we bring the dog's crate next time, then we can actually leave him alone for a while. he'll be fine. the curio looks great in my apt and i love it. thanks! pictures to come.

5:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home