Thursday, March 26, 2009

Two Major Events

First, Samantha came to yai yai's house. Alexis came with Nicole a few weeks ago and she met her Aunt Francine and Uncle Stan and stayed at Yai yai's for the first time.

Here are some pics of her in her crib. Overall she did really well, she stayed really close to her schedule and I think the trip went okay for Mom too. The crib was the ticket. It's perfect and I'm glad Sam can be comfy when she's visiting me.






The second event is another big change in the house... when you buy your parent's home, it's not just yours to do with what you please. Everyone has their memory and special part of the house that is dear to them. For some, one such part is gone.

I've torn down the back deck.

But don't worry, a new screened in deck will be in it's place by Easter. it's amazing that that thing has not collapsed with a pile of people on it. Every party I have everyone ends up out there on the deck. I hope the construction goes well and the new deck will be a just as much fun for all of us. I'll keep you posted on the developments.



4 Comments:

Blogger Alexis said...

I remember when the back of Yai Yai and Papou's house looked like this, before the deck was ever built.

How many cigarette butts did you find hiding under that deck?

5:47 AM

 
Blogger CKF said...

That's true about the cigarette butts, how many were there? Actually, maybe THEY were what was keeping the deck up!

On Sam's trip, I bet she would have enjoyed herself even more if she was allowed to play with her hands!!

1:19 PM

 
Blogger nicole said...

HA. those pictures of samantha are incredible. i actually gasped when i saw the deck gone! It's crazy! i can't wait to see the one that will be there in spring! need help building it? cause i'm still looking for work...

2:37 PM

 
Blogger SAT said...

A new deck will be great! Who's building the new deck? Call me if you want any phone numbers. You know Eddie and I are here if you need anything or anybody. Samantha is so adorable, I can't wait to meet her.

9:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home