Thursday, February 24, 2011

My life of leisure

Anyone who knows me knows I quit my job last fall. End date 12/31, exteneded to 1/31, extended indefinately. I've hired a new Associate creative director, who is starting in a couple of weeks. My terms being get me out of day to day management and I want more flexibility and less stress.

So, how's that working for me?

1. This week I've already logged over 40 hours of work, two more full days to go.
2. Past two weekends, I worked.
3. The highlight of my social life was taking home Pot stickers from Fresh Market and two movies last saturday night.
4. Facebook accounts for the most interaction I have outside of my office with people and friends.
5. Canceled a trip to see my daughter in philly, because I'm too tired from working too much.
6. hurrying through this blog so I can get to the office for the third in a week back to back presentations.

Now my new guy hasn't started yet, he will be a sort of replacement for me. I'll check back in month a let you know how it goes. That is if I am still alive.

1 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

Mom,
I can't wait for you to be free.
Let's retire together!
Just kidding, I haven't even gotten started yet.

ugh.
love you!

11:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home